Ludwig Princeton Summer Internship
The joint Ludwig Princeton and Rutgers Cancer Institute summer internship program will provide hands-on training to conduct research on the molecular events leading to the onset and progression of cancer. In addition to participating in cutting edge cancer research in laboratories at Princeton University or the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey, students will have opportunities to attend lectures by cancer researchers. Tours of research facilities and participation in molecular tumor board meetings will provide rare opportunities to observe how scientific discoveries are translated into effective medicine and improved patient care.
Students must be rising sophomores or juniors enrolled full-time in an accredited undergraduate degree program and have an active interest in cancer research. Students from underrepresented backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Program duration is 8 consecutive weeks, likely to commence in late May or early June 2023
- Participants will be paid weekly stipend up to $600
- Students will be placed in research labs either at Princeton University or the Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey. Placement is based on match of student's research interests and availability of participating faculty mentors
- Travel costs for program participants will be reimbursed up to $600. Receipts required to claim reimbursement
- Dormitory style housing provided at each respective campus
- Students will be responsible for making their own arrangements for meals
- Rutgers is the heart of New Brunswick, NJ, a vibrant campus that boasts the Zimmerli Art Museum, a new Esports Gaming Center, sporting events, and more. New Brunswick is a direct train ride away from Penn Station in New York City, or connect to SEPTA via Amtrak to explore Philadelphia
- Princeton offers the dynamic McCarter Theater, the Princeton Art Museum, live music all summer long in Palmer Square, a rich restaurant scene, and more. The Dinky train connects to Princeton Junction to take you to NYC or Philadelphia, and TigerTransit offers free shuttles to shops and restaurants in Princeton
Application Process and Required Documents
The application window will open on 11/15/22 and close on 1/05/23. Late applications will not be considered. DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 3/1/23!
Applications must include:
- Short essay, to include academic background, research interests and career goals
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Copy of unofficial transcript
Applications now closed.